Urad dhall : 1 cup
Curd : 3 cups
Coconut : 5 tbsp
Green chilli : 2
Salt : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds for seasoning
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak Urad Dhall for about 1/2 hour.
- Grind it in the grinder without adding much water. Keep it aside
- In a big bowl, blend the curd very well. Grind the coconut, green chilli, coriander leaves and add to the curd. Add desired salt to it. Keep aside
- In a pan, add oil enough for frying vadais. Pat the urad dhall in a plaintain leaf or plastic sheet or you can also use your palm, drop it in the oil to make the vadai.
- Keep a bowl of warm water by side.
- Take the vadai out of the kadai and put that in the warm water, squeeze it a bit and put that in the curd now.
- After finishing all the vadais, garnish it with coriander leaves on top, season it with mustard.
- You should add the vadai immediately to the warm water and curd once you take out from the oil. That is the secret to get soft thayir vadai.
- Always keep the fire in medium flame while frying vadais.