- Sieve the gram flour
- In a pan, add little ghee and roast the gram flour. Let it cool down.
- In another pan, start boiling the sugar and water ( just enough to cover the sugar) mix well.
- Add a spoon of milk to the sugar to take out the dust of the sugar. (When the sugar begins to boil add the milk and the dirt will settle down in the corner. Collect that in a spoon, throw it).
- Once the sugar dissolves, slowly add the roasted gram flour to it start stirring.
- Add the ghee little by little in between.
- After stirring sometime (30 mts or more) you will start seeing some bubbles in the Mysore paagu. That is the time you should switch off the fire and transfer it to a greased plate.
- Let it cool for sometime. Then cut that in a diamond shape.
Day 22 Recipe - Mysore Paagu
Gram flour : 1 cup
Sugar : 1 3/4 cup (2 cups if you need more sweet)
Ghee : 2 cups