Rice : 3/4 cup
Toor Dhall : 1/4 cup
Tamarind : small lemon size
Turmeric Powder :1/2 tsp
Salt : 2 tsp
For Seasoning :
Kadugu(Mustard Seeds) : 1 tsp
Urad Dhall : 1 tsp
Red Chilli : 3
Dhania (Coriander Seeds) : 3 tsp
Kadalai Parupppu (Bengal Gram) : 2 tsp
Red Chilli : 8 (depends on how hot you want)
Vendhayam (Fenugreek) : 1 tsp
Vegetables: Carrot, Potato, Avarai(country beans), White Pumpkin, Chow Chow, Brinjal, Dry sundakkai(Turkey Berry).
- Cook Rice and Toor Dhall together in pressure cooker with 3 1/2cups of water.
- Fry the above given items under "to fry and grind" and grind that into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Cook all the vegetables in enough water in a seperate vessel. Add turmeric powder.
- Soak tamarind in water and take the extract.
- Add the tamarind extract to the cooked vegetables and let that boil for some 5 mts. Add the ground paste, salt, asafoetida, curry leaves and boil for another 5 mts. ( This is the Kadambha kuzhambu/sambar)
- Remove the the cooked rice and dhall from the cooker and add it to the above sambar, mix well, in low heat.
- Season the given items in 5 tsp of gingely oil/cooking oil. Add to the rice.
- Finally fry the dried sundakkai in same kadai and add to the rice.
- Your Kadhamba Sadham is ready.