Rice : 2 cups
Brinjal : 1/2 kg nicely diced
Oil : 6 tsp
Fry and grind:
Dhaniya : 3 tsp
Bengal Gram : 2 tsp
Red Chilli : 7
Black Pepper : 1/4 tsp
Urad Dhall : 1/4 tsp
Mustard, Urad Dhall, Gram Dhall, Red Chilli
- Cook Rice in the ration 1 : 2 1/4 water in pressure cooker with the turmeric powder(May also use Basmati Rice).
- Fry the spices in small kadai in a low flame evenly till you get a good aroma. Grind that into powder. Keep aside.
- In a big kadai, add oil, add aesofotida and add the diced brinjal and cook until it is soft. Add some salt to it. Then add the powder to it and cook for another 5 mts in a low flame.
- Then add the cooked rice to it, mix well.
- In the small kadai, add oil and fry the items to be seasoned. Add it to rice and serve hot with papad or vadam or your choice of pachadi(raitha).